Monday, November 30, 2015

Sick of turkey yet?

Are you sick of turkey yet? We are not big turkey eaters at my house. I seem to be the only one who really likes it. I never cook more that a turkey breast (heh, I said breast) for the 4 of us in my house. I still had some leftovers and had no fucking clue what to do with it. I HATE wasting food. All I see are dollar signs going down the drain. This year, I made a Thanksgiving Leftover Turkey Pot Pie. It was so flipping tasty. I will share the kinda sorta recipe. Please note that I cook on the fly. I do not follow a recipe with anything I cook. This will give you the basics and you can take it how ever you want. 

Recipe

2 crusts (I buy Pilsbury or store brand)
2 - 3 cups chopped cooked turkey
3 or so cups roasted veggies (I had carrots, parsnips, rutabaga, and potatoes. If I would have had an onion I would have added it.)
6 tbs butter
1/3 cup flour
2 1/2 cups milk
Couple dashes of Lawry's
Couple dashes pepper
Couple dashes thyme 
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese

1. Bake the bottom crust in a pie tin (I have a nice glass pie pan) according to the directions on the box. If you fucking make handmade pie crusts then more power to you. Set aside and cool.

2. Melt butter in a  large saucepan. Add flour. Whisk until smooth. 

3. Add milk 1 cup at a time. Continue to cook and whisk until it starts to thicken. Do not let boil. 

4. Add seasonings. Then the cheese. Whisk cheese until smooth. Cook for a 2 minutes or so.

5. Add the meat and veggies. Mix all together. Pour onto the already baked pie crust. 

6. Put the top crust on. Make sure to cut slits on the top to let steam out. Bale according to the box instructions. Usually 20 minutes or so. 

I let it sit a few minutes after it's done before I cut into it. So very, very good. Enjoy!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment